At LA Insurance, we understand that facing an expected bushfire season can be daunting for both businesses and residents across Australia. With experts predicting this season to be one of the worst, your safety and security are our top priorities.
With the arrival of warmer days, fire warnings are already being issued across various states in Australia. It’s crucial to acknowledge that bushfires are not exclusive to rural areas. Living near regions with significant bush, forests, long grass, or coastal scrub puts you at risk even if you don’t reside in the countryside.
Due to La Niña and the higher than usual rainfall events across large parts of Australia in the past three years, vegetation has increased fuel loads in many regions. However, as we transition towards the summer months, the increased vegetation and grasslands that flourished during the wetter years will begin to dry out and become a potential fire hazard.
At LA Insurance, we emphasise the importance of being proactive and well-prepared. Not everyone thinks clearly in an emergency. Taking steps to prepare before the fire season means knowing what to do when you’re at risk of fire. A written and preferably well-practised plan will help you remember what needs to be done during a crisis.
Here are some key steps to consider when preparing for bushfire season:
- Assess your risk: Understand the level of bushfire risk in your area and the potential impact on your property.
- Create a bushfire survival plan: Develop a detailed plan that includes evacuation routes, emergency contacts, and a checklist of essential items to take with you.
- Stay informed: Keep abreast of fire warnings and updates from local authorities. Consider installing fire-alert apps and monitoring local radio broadcasts.
- Property preparation: Maintain your property by clearing debris, trimming trees, and ensuring your gutters are free from leaves and debris.
- Insurance review: Review your insurance coverage to ensure it adequately protects your property and possessions in case of a bushfire.
- Emergency kit: Assemble an emergency kit with essential supplies, including food, water, first-aid items, and important documents.
- Practice evacuation: Conduct fire drills with your family or employees to ensure everyone knows what to do in an emergency.
At LA Insurance, we’re committed to helping you navigate the challenges posed by the Australian bushfire season. Our expert team can assist you in assessing your insurance coverage to ensure you’re adequately protected during the upcoming season.
Remember, your safety matters most, and taking steps to prepare now can make all the difference when facing the unpredictable nature of bushfires. We’re here to support you every step of the way. Stay safe, stay informed, and be prepared.
LA Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 16 610 540 577. Corporate Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet Australia Pty Ltd, Australian Financial Services License 240549. Corporate Representative No. 1255587.
Any information provided herein is of a general nature only. No consideration has been taken into your objectives, needs or financial situation. Before acting on this information you should consider if it is appropriate for your situation.